Are you looking for a new way to have your students respond in writing after your author study of Leo Lionni? These flap journals are a perfect way to engage your students in responding to a Leo Lionni text.
The books covered in this unit are ...
- A Color of His Own
- It's Mine!
- Fish is Fish
- Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse
- An Extraordinary Egg
- Tico and the Golden Wings
Included in this pack are 3 different flap journals...
Leo Lionni Reading Response Flap Journal
- There are 5 comprehension skills that are addressed in this flap journal (character traits, predicting, comparing characters, text-to-self connections, and story elements).
- You can have your students complete the flap journal in one day or have them complete it in a week. You would focus on one skill each day.
Retelling Flap Journal
- Your students will practice retelling 4 famous Leo Lionni texts by writing out the beginning, middle, and end.
- Your students will practice sequencing a story.
Each flap journal is included in two different forms...
1 with regular lines
1 with handwriting lines
These flap journals are aligned to both CCSS (common core state standards) and TEKS (Texas State Standards)...
Do you have other Author Studies during the year and want to save money?
Check out the BUNDLE HERE!
Happy Reading and Responding!
The Learning Chambers