Celebrate the luck of the Irish! These themed activities are also core curriculum aligned.
1. Leprechaun Language-Story where the student adds the correct type grammar (adjectives, proper nouns, verbs and common nouns)
2. Rainbow Verb Tenses-Put the past and future tenses of the verb on clouds on the rainbow.
3. What Time Is On Ye Ole Clock?-Put the correct time as read from the clock to the hour and half hour.
4. Pots of Gold Pictograph- By looking at the pictograph, answer questions. Pictograph counts by 10's.
5. Leprechaun Hat Pictograph- Students construct their own pictograph by adding the hats to the graph and then making up 6 questions about the graph.
6. St. Patrick's Day Story- Read story explaining the holiday and then answer Where?, When?, Why? and How?.
7. Acrostic Poems- 2 poem templates with the words Rainbow and Shamrock.
8. I Am Lucky Because...- Activity where students put reasons they feel they are lucky on each petal of the shamrock.
9. Writing Prompts- 2 templates to help students construct St. Patrick's Day stories.
10.Leprechaun Maze- Help the leprechaun find his gold by finding the correct path through the maze.
CCSS ELA.Literacy.3.1a:Explain the function of nouns, pronouns, verbs, & adverbs in general and their in sentences.
CCSS ELA Literacy.3.5:Form and use simple verb tenses.
CCSS ELA.Literacy.RI.3.7:Use information gained from words in text to demonstrate understanding.
CCSS ELA.Literacy.W.3.1:Write opinion pieces on topics.
CCSS Math.Content.3.MD.B.3:Draw a scaled picture graph to represent a data set with several categories. Solve one and two step problems using information presented in scaled bar graphs.
CCSS Math.Content.MD.A.1:Tell and write time.
May you always find your treasure at the end of the rainbow!
If you liked this activity please check out my Easter Activity