What a fun way to celebrate St Patricks Day while giving your students important mathematics practice!
In this activity the students will complete adding questions and then color their answer with a corresponding color. It is like a color by numbers only using addition and a 100s chart.
This bundle comes with four different addition sheets making it useful for students of varying ability levels:
1) Addition questions that do not require regrouping (e.g. 15+31) which are written vertically.
2) Addition questions that do not require regrouping which are written horizontally (to encourage mental math).
3) Addition questions that do require regrouping (e.g. 46+29) which are written vertically.
4) Addition questions that do require regrouping which are written horizontally (to encourage mental math).
All 4 variation of this exercise come with an answer key.
The final image your students will create is a smiling Saint Patricks Day leprechaun!
This file is also available as 8.5x11 sheets. If you are unable to print 11x17, these would be a much better option. In the 8.5x11 size the 100s chart and place value clue sheet are printed separately. Please visit my store to get that file.
* Thanks to those customers who have reported that it is possible to print these pages as shrunken images onto 8.5x11 paper.
Finally, for just $2.00 more you can get my complete bundle of Leprechaun mystery pictures, which includes addition, place value, number locating, subtraction, and multiplication. This would be a great way to include multi-age and multi-ability classrooms. Everyone is working on the same image but solving problems at their level! Again it is available in my store.