St. Patrick's Day high-interest text with comprehension questions, context clues, vocabulary graphic organizer, anchor charts for context clues and purpose for reading, and answer keys all about leprechauns. Use for test prep.
Great for grades 4-5, high-level 3rd, struggling 6th graders.
I often find that many times older students get 'left out' when it comes to holiday texts written at their level. That's why I created this set of passages. They are texts that students will enjoy and give the students the opportunity to learn about some Irish symbols or things that remind us of Ireland - all at their level! These are super for the week before St. Patrick's Day. The text-dependent questions will make sure students go back in the text to find the answers. This is perfect practice this time of year, before testing season starts!
Included with this passage is:
* text-dependent questions, so students can practice Restate, Answer, & Cite.
* multiple choice questions with a bubble section for practicing this essential skill
* vocabulary/context clues graphic organizer
* purpose for reading mini poster so students can have 'look fors' while reading the text
* context clues anchor chart that can be copied two to a page and used for interactive notebooks
* short answer question that's great for practicing for testing time.
* answer keys
Other resources you may be interested in:
The bundle includes St. Patrick, Leprechauns, Irish Wolfhound, The Irish Potato Famine, and Shamrocks or Clovers. You'll save 20% when you buy the bundle! It's 5 passages with activities for the price of 4!
Irish Symbols Informational Text and Comprehension activities Bundle
Irish Symbols Informational Text and Comprehension Activities Bundle
Also, available as an independent resource:
St. Patrick's Day - Learn about the man this holiday is all about!
St. Patrick Informational Text with Comprehension Activities