Students get to do a fun project that is a bit easier on the teacher with this ready made leprechaun trap template!
Supplies needed per student: 1 milk carton per student with the top cut off, one small white piece of paper 2 ½” by 4 ½”, 7 Popsicle sticks, and template
1. First, have students cut out, fold and decorate template.
2. Next, students glue the template onto the milk carton.
3. Show students how to make the top of the trap. They color the sticks each one color of the rainbow. Then they glue them onto the white piece of paper in color order.
4. Students may use yellow paper and cut out circles to look like gold coins.
5. Put the top mostly on the trap.
6. Finally, students put the “coins” in the trap and set them out for the leprechauns!
7. When the students are gone, but a gold coin in each trap.