Learning about magnets is a great opportunity for students to problem solve, make connections, scaffold learning, and apply concepts to the real world.
The activities in this resource are presented in a sequential way. It can be printed off as a student workbook. There are no lessons per se, as the resource is more about discovery, and hands-on activities in order to learn about magnetism. Some QR codes that are linked to videos are used. It is important for the students to talk and write about their observations. There is plenty of opportunities for your students to build connections and revise their ideas.
Please feel free to share with other teachers at your own school but please purchase additional licenses to share with others.
This 28 page resource, includes 20 highly engaging activities.
I can statements that are covered include:
- I can explain why some objects attract and some repel a magnet.
- I can show where magnets are used in the real world.
- I know what kind of metals attract to magnets.
- I know that magnets have polarity.
- I can explain a rule for polarity.
- I can show how a magnetic field works.
- I can talk about the strength of different magnets.
- I can make a temporary magnet.
- I can name materials that a magnet can attract through.
- I can explain why magnets shouldn't be placed near computers.
- I can make a toy or game that uses a magnet.
→Check out French Science Resources:
Science units in a bundle: French Science Inquiry BUNDLE
Les Aiments - A French Science Inquiry Resource
Explorons les liquides - A French Science Inquiry Resource
Les bateaux & la flottabilité- A French Immersion Science Resource
Les températures chaudes et froides - A French Science Inquiry Resource
** Creepy Crawlies is not available**
I appreciate your feedback!
If you have any ideas or concerns, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive email notifications from TPT about temporary discounts on my new product listings, just click the “FOLLOW” button at the top of THIS PAGE
(near the green star).
Please follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers as well as social media - find out first about new products and sales!!
Mummabell on Pinterest
Mummabell on Instagram