This is an interactive vocabulary lesson on French holidays.
This lesson includes:
- an introduction activity asking students what holidays the French celebrate.
- main lesson (Introduce each holiday along with pictures. Have students repeat the holidays. Ask them "C'est quelle fête en anglais?" Ask students if they like the holiday/ celebrate the holiday. Also ask them to name (in French) the month it is celebrated in. I suggest giving explanation of the typical holiday celebrations.)
- a check for understanding activity (Several of the pictures are compiled on one slide. Point to various pictures and ask them to recall the holidays in French. You can even ask them for months the second time around.)
- an interpersonal communication activity.( Students write responses to two questions about holidays. Then, they ask their partner the question and give their response. This activity can continue with asking another partner, and a third time without looking at what they wrote down.)
- a YouTube video on Bastlle Day.
The next lesson continues reinforcing holiday vocabulary and adds asking when the holidays take place. (https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Avoir-Lieu-les-fetes-2928040)