Printable activities to help you plan a French Body Parts vocabulary unit. There are 5 fun speaking and listening games here, with eco-printing versions of most, and vocabulary support, to review 18 core words, with some games reviewing an extended range. There’s a Serpents et Echelles (Chutes and Ladders) board, a triangular jigsaw puzzle, an ‘I Have…Who Has?’(J’ai…Qui a?) game, an active card game, and a counter throw game. My basic French resources suit students beginning French and near beginners in Primary / Elementary and Middle School (Grade 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8), Core French etc, and may suit others, depending on experience. Please check the preview to check if this is suitable for you.
***The same vocabulary can be introduced and reviewed with my Presentation and Flashcards packet (coming soon), and also my Worksheets and Puzzles packet for this topic. All 3 will be available to purchase together in a Body Parts in French BUNDLE if you prefer (coming soon).
***SAVE by purchasing these games as part of this French Basics Games Mega Bundle.
- VOCABULARY SUPPORT: There's a one page word mat with images for List A words (the core 18 words) and 2 further versions for eco and black and white printing. Then there's 3 pages of vocabulary in list format, (A, B, then a combined A and B list). Please note these 6 vocabulary pages are also included in the Worksheets and Puzzles packet for this topic.
- ‘I AM…WHO IS?’ / SPEAKING DOMINOES: This game contains only words from List A. There are 18 cards, in both color and black and white format. Print and laminate. The cards form a continuous loop. Distribute among players. First player reads aloud the ‘Qui a…?’ (‘Who has?’) side, stating the word under the picture in English. The other players check if they have the matching French word. If they do, they read out both sides of their card, saying first ‘J’ai…’ and then the word in French, before reading out the right-hand side, and so on. A black and white version is included.
- 'QU’EST-CE QUE TU AS?' ACTIVE SPEAKING GAME: This uses only words from list A and ‘ankle’ from list B (to replace ‘hair’, which doesn’t work in this context). Print only as many cards as you require. Students circulate around the room, asking the question and answering it ("J'ai mal au genou" etc), using the information on their card to find their match. A black and white version is included.
- JIGSAW PUZZLE: List A words only. Answer key included. Students match up images with French words. You might want to make up multiple sets and have groups racing each other to complete them. A black and white version is included.
- SERPENTS ET ECHELLES: This uses words from List A and B. It's a chutes and ladders style board game. An answer key is provided for student self-checking.
- COUNTER THROW GAME: Use this for English to French or French to English translation. For each group playing, print and laminate a board and whichever set of words you want students to use. The board works especially well printed in 11 x 17 / A3 but Letter / A4 is okay. Each player starts with a pile of word cards and must throw a counter onto a section of the grid in which is located a body part for which they hold the card. They then translate the word aloud. The aim is to be the first to complete all their words. Students enjoy the physical and competitive challenge of trying to land the counter correctly, while also practicing their French! An eco-print option is included.
- Instructions are included. You'll find the Teacher Notes at the end of the file.
*** If you decide to purchase this packet, thank you so much. Please consider rating it on TpT to earn yourself credit to spend on the site. I hope you'll be happy to give this a high rating but if there's anything I can do to help you or if there's anything you would like to ask, please contact me through the 'Ask a Question' section of my store. I want you to purchase with confidence and know that friendly follow-up support is available if required.
To rate a product, simply go to your My Purchases page and click on the Provide Feedback button next to the relevant purchase. It’ll help my store become a little more established and I’ll be so grateful. Thank you very much for your support.
Please FOLLOW MY STORE to find out about my new resources as my store grows. I'm adding more resources and money-saving bundles regularly.
Here are some more time-saving, great value French BUNDLES you may be interested in:
French Greetings and Introductions BUNDLE
French Calendar BUNDLE
French Numbers COMPLETE BUNDLE
French Food and Drink BUNDLE
French Weather BUNDLE
French Clothing BUNDLE
French Halloween BUNDLE
French Summer Vacation Activities BUNDLE
French Sports and Hobbies BIG BUNDLE
French Family and Pets BIG BUNDLE
French Describing People (Physical and Character) BIG BUNDLE
French Classroom Objects and School Vocabulary BIG BUNDLE
OR EXPLORE MY ENTIRE FRENCH STORE BY CLICKING HERE!