Also included in
- I don't know about you, but "distance learning" is throwing me through some loops. I am having to teach in a new way, create different activities, and it's just plain weird.In order to help, I have this bundle! In this bundle, you will get all of the Google Slides and Google Forms activities that I$50.00$73.50Save $23.50
Want to make opera fun? This lesson allows students to get involved in the music from Carmen-- specifically Les Toreadores. This lesson for fourth and fifth grade elementary music includes singing, movement, form, comprehension questions, and more. Perfect for distance learning in music class, teaching music via Zoom, or being in person.
In the Google Slides activity, students will learn all about the piece Les Toreadores. They will learn about the form, move, sing, analyze, and compare different pieces. Everything is there, so students can do it on their own, or you can put it on the screen and to it together.
- 16 slide lesson
- Slides to learn about Carmen
- Lyrics to the chorus (and a link to hear it sung in English)
- Movements for the words to the chorus
- A video of the piece in an opera
- Introduction to form
- The form of Les Toreadores from the Carmen suite (instrumental)
- Movements for each section of the form
- Compare + contrast of the original v. a "hip hopera" version (it's exactly what it sounds like-- hip hop and opera!)
- Slides for students to share what they learned throughout the lesson
You may also like:
Join my free resource library to get exclusive FREE resources-- including level 1 rhythm cards!
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room