Get ready for a fun set of colourful activities to help you teach colour words! This package contains 13 different activities, as well as a set of printables to help students learn and spell their colours in French!
Included in this package are:
1) “Mon livre de couleurs”: A mini-book where students colour the word, practice writing each word in a pyramid style and draw a picture to illustrate the word.
2) “Où est le chat?”: A fun game where a cat is hidden behind one of the colourful mice.
3) Sorting Game: Students sort the paint cans by colour, then manipulate the cans to spell the different colour words.
4) Play Dough Mats: A fun set of mats, perfect for students to use to spell the words with play dough!
5) Crowns: Templates for students to make a crown in every colour!
6) Self-Correcting Puzzle Pieces
7) Card Games: Students can use the card game to play Memory, Go Fish or “Bang”.
8) Board Games: Two different board games with matching dice!
9) Magnifying Glass: Use a magnifying glass to identify and colour the hidden words on the paint brushes.
10) Write the Room
11) Clip Cards
12) Oui ou Non Sorting: Students need to read the words on the card. If the colour matches it is sorted under Oui. If the colour does not match the word, they need to sort it under Non.
13) Word Building Cards: Use any alphabet tool to practice spelling the colour words
And 4 fun printable pages!
Please note that I have included within this package the option for using “brun” or “marron” in every activity and printable page. Please take a look at the preview for a closer look!
You may also be interested in some other resources to help you teach colours:
French Resources for Teaching Colours
Keep in Touch: