Also included in
- Are you a French primary teacher looking to help your students learn their high frequency sight words (mots fréquents/mots usuels) AND their sons composés?This BUNDLE of resources will help your students find success in learning 90 sight words and 9 sons composés at their own pace!SAVE OVER 20% BY P$21.00$28.00Save $7.00
Looking for a way to help your French primary students learn and master their first 90 French sight words? Check out this Apprendre les mots fréquents et les mots usuels resource!
This resource will easily allow you to teach your students 90 high-frequency words, in French, at their own pace.
I have grouped 90 "mots d'haute fréquence" into groups of 10 and assigned each list a colour. Each list has a flash card for each word (to be put on a binder ring) as well as flash cards with 11 different sentences using words from the list to practice fluency and learning the words in context.
The lists build in difficulty, and the sentence cards use words from each of the preceding lists as well.
This resource includes:
- 90 sight word flash cards that can be printed out on card stock of the corresponding colour, hole punched and put on binder rings in groups of 10 to be sent home or used in class for practice (10 sight words per colour x 9 colours)
- Corresponding sentence cards that build in difficulty and allow students to practice only the words they have seen so far (11 sentence cards per colour x 9 colours)
- Evaluation sheets for gathering progress data
- Certificates for when a student masters a colour list
- A progress sheet (colour and black & white options), where each student can colour the ocean creatures one at a time as they master each list
- A simple sight word game to allow your students to practice their words in small groups
Please download the preview for more information, and to see examples of the included pages and activities.
Looking for more sight word practice for your students? Check out my LECTURE DE VITESSE games - a speed reading challenge that uses the exact same words as this resource!
If your students have mastered their high-frequency words and are ready for a new challenge, check out my product "Apprendre les sons composés" by clicking HERE !
If you are interested in both products, you can save 20% by purchasing them in a bundle. Check it out by clicking HERE !
Teachers love this resource! Check out just some of the 5 star reviews this resource has received:
⭐️"I have been using this resource in my classroom for at least the last 4 years in my grade one classroom at a francophone school. I have found this resource to be invaluable and always recommend it to teachers teaching in immersion or francophone schools. The transition in grade 1 is hard for the students and these documents help the student recognize sight words and use so many other reading strategies. Sometimes I use it in grade 1 and 2 for students new to the French language. Using this resource they seem to catch on very quickly. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to write this review for this product, but here I am! Better late than never? I highly recommend this product! Bravo Madame Andrea! J'adore!!!" -- Madame Mindset
⭐️"My students loved learning the word lists during small guided group time. They were excited to be able to read a whole book after each list!" -- Christine K.
⭐️"This is one of my most used purchases! I use the words during my guided reading (small group reading) block with grade one and grade two students. We review the lists then send them home to practice. The kids get so excited when they move up to the next color. I took the time to cut and laminate the individual words and sentences on color coordinated paper which took some time but is definitely worth it." -- Kelly M.
*As this is a Teachers pay Teachers product, this download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. With your purchase, you are able to return and buy additional licenses for colleagues at a reduced rate. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
Don't forget to click the green star by my name to Follow Me and be among the first to find out when new products and Freebies are added to my store! I would also love if you left me some Feedback, by going to your My Purchases page and clicking Provide Feedback. This gets you credit you can apply towards future purchases!