This activity unit has information and activities to learn about the different winter sports. This is especially interesting with so many big international events taking place this year! The unit includes:
• 2-page reading about the different sports and athletes
• 15 printable 8X10 posters with the French term for each sport (including 2 versions of snowboarding - le snowboard and le surf des neiges)
• comprehension questions
• a vocabulary activity - name the activity pictured
• athlete dossiers - 16 different athletes from France and Canada - research their biographical information, what sport they do, what country they represent and what they've achieved. Includes a blank sheet so students can choose other athletes if desired. Includes social media links to athletes so you can follow them online.
• answer key to comprehension/vocabulary activity
• related videos and website links