My “Less Mess” Map Skills and Geography Interactive Notebook Activities allow for two simple steps: cut around the border and glue it in. That’s it! They are perfect for teachers who may have their students for just one short period per day. However, if you are a big fan of the “folds and flaps” that usually come with interactive notebooks, this resource can be a nice supplement to add to what you already have or to use on days when you may have less time.
★ You can view my entire "Less Mess" Interactive Notebook Activities line by clicking the links at the bottom.
The pages are designed so that they will work in spiral notebooks, composition books, three hole binders, or as individual activity pages if you are not yet fully ready to commit to interactive notebooks in your classroom.
The pages included are: Introduction Options for Use
• Spot the Continents with Key
• Spot the Oceans with Key
• Know Your World with Key
• Label the States with Key
• State Shape Challenges 1-6 with Keys
Exploring the World
• Dream Travel
• My Trip (Fictional Narrative)
• Research a Country with Sample
• Research a City with Sample
• What Do I Know?
• Understanding Maps Note Page with Sample
• Creating a Map Key Activity with Sample
• Compass Rose Note Page with Sample
• Design a Compass Rose
• What's the Direction? with Key
• Map Scale Note Page with Sample
• Scale Practice with Key
• Latitude and Longitude Note Page with Sample
• Equator and Prime Meridian Note Page with Sample
• Latitude and Longitude Practice with Key
• Hemispheres Note Page with Sample
• Sketch This! Practice
• Learning About Landforms
The Five Themes of Geography
• Mr. Help Note Page and Sample
• Movement Note Page and Sample
• Where Did THIS Come From?
• Region Note Page and Sample
• Human-Environment Interaction Note Page and Sample
• HEI Chart Activity
• Location Note Page and Sample
• Location Comic Strip
• Place Note Page and Sample
• Identifying Place with Key
• Illustrating Place
• Five Themes: World Postcards with Keys (also sold individually)
• Create Your Own Postcard
• Five Themes Puzzle with Key
Please check out the PREVIEW to see a large variety of sample pages as well as options for use in your classroom.
★ You may also want to check out my full line of interactive notebooks: