My “Less Mess” Poetry Interactive Notebook Activities allow for two simple steps: cut around the border and glue it in. That’s it! They are perfect for teachers who may have their students for just one short period per day. However, if you are a big fan of the “folds and flaps” that usually come with interactive notebooks, this resource can be a nice supplement to add to what you already have or to use on days when you may have less time.
The pages are designed so that they will work in spiral notebooks, composition books, three hole binders, or as individual activity pages if you are not yet fully ready to commit to interactive notebooks in your classroom.
This resource has three different types of pages- LEARN pages (which are note pages and marked with an L), PRACTICE/ PREPARE pages (marked with a P), and CREATE pages (marked with a C).
Each type of poetry has a blank note page (with sample). This allows you to either use the definitions from the samples or use your own. Each type also has practice and creative pages to accompany the learning.
The pages included are: Introduction
• Page Type Overview
• Options for Use
• Couplet Note Page (with Sample)
• Couplet Practice
• Brainstorm Time (with Key)
• Camping with Couplets (with Sample)
• Triplet Note Page (with Sample)
• Triplet Practice
• Finish the Triplet
• Haiku Note Page (with Sample)
• Haiku Practice
• Haiku or Not? (with Key)
• Seasonal Brainstorming
• Season Haiku (with Sample)
• Lune Note Page (with Sample)
• Lune Practice
• Look! A Lune!
• Quatrain Note Page (with Sample)
• Quatrain Practice
• Rhyme Scheme Practice
• All Aboard the Quatrain (with Sample)
• Clerihew Note Page (with Sample)
• Clerihew Practice
• Character Traits and Funny Facts
• Now Starring...Clerihew! (with Sample)
• Lantern Note Page (with Sample)
• Lantern Practice
• The Lantern Challenge
• Writing a Lantern (with Sample)
• Tanka Note Page (with Sample)
• Tanka Practice
• Tanka Mix Up
• Fix the Tanka (with Key)