Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.6 MB | 18 slides - 7 Activities pages
Don’t judge a PowerPoint by its cover, check out the preview.
Materials included in this lesson:
1. A PowerPoint lesson containing 7 different activities to keep students involved in the lesson while they develop number sense and counting skills of base ten numerals. This will give you freedom to walk around the classroom to observe student understanding while presenting the lesson.
2. An activities worksheet to go along with the PowerPoint. This will meet the needs of the kinesthetic learners, allow you to observe student participation in the lesson, and give students a reference for when they complete their homework.
3. A homework assignment geared to help students master the concept, not be overwhelmed with a large number of problems or copying each problem before applying the concept.
4. A PowerPoint to help drill your students on quick recognition of ten frame representation of the numerals 0 – 4.
5. A printable set of Ten Frames.
6. A note to parents to help them understand the reasons behind the lesson, what the lesson is on, and the expectations of the student. Remember, keeping the parents on board is crucial to enhancing students’ learning experience.