Lesson and activities to introduce student to weekend activities and movies.
- Power Point to introduce “weekend activities” vocabulary, with student worksheet
- Talk show activity (with directions)
- Discussion questions
- Five short dialogues with follow-up activities
- "Find someone who" activity
- Fill-in-the-blank drill activity
- Power Point and notes worksheet to introduce movie genres
- Class interview
- Classwork activity where students design their own movie theater, complete with schedule (example of student theater included)*
- Activity to practice movie related descriptions (see preview activity)
- Activity where students look up and learn about German speaking actors
- Internet activity based around a German drive-in theater*
- Activity where students watch and discuss movie trailers
- Project where students create their own movie (description, poster, and a scene from the movie - 5 examples of student posters included)*
- Partner speaking activity
- Pop quiz
- Fly swatter game board
- Unit quiz with study guide.
I use these activities with my German 2 students (combined German 2 Regular and Honors). I use this with Deutsch Aktuell 1, Kapitel 9A.
* These activities can be purchased separately.
This bundle combines "Lesson Bundle: Ins Kino gehen" and "Lesson Bundle: Am Wochenende!" and includes additional materials.