This lesson is great to connect with your 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens unit or to use in a Health or Advisory class.
In this download you'll receive:
* Detailed 90 minute lesson plan
* Daily inspirational quote related to habits (can serve as discussion and/or writing
* DOL (daily oral language): One paragraph grammar/mechanics exercise + teacher
* Link to video explaining how habits are formed & broken/ aka "the habit loop"
* Link to article about the habit loop: written by Charles Duhigg
* Habit Loop handout: reflection activity instructing students to identify one habit
they'd like to break, specifying the cue, routine and reward associated with that
* Exemplar Habit Loop handout completed
Keywords: Sub Plans, Social-emotional health, emotional intelligence