This complete lesson plan gives students practice in describing locations and giving directions in English.
Students can practice using expressions such as:
on Main Street
at/near the corner of
in front of
go three blocks
This lesson plan includes:
* Comprehensive Teachers Notes with procedures on how to run the entire lesson.
* A fun warm-up that provides authentic communication between your students and your teacher as they tell you how to find important places in their city.
* An activity that provides practice describing locations on a town map and group or pair work
* Two activities to provide practice in giving directions, as a class and in small groups.
* Authentic practice working with a map of a real city or town.
* An extension or homework exercise to follow-up on the skills learned in this lesson.
* Three Blank Maps that you can label as you see fit to customize the lesson any way you want.