Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.44 MB | 16 pages
This detailed lesson plan will help your students make inferences and support them with textual evidence. The sample plan uses Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Cask of Amontillado" as an example, but it can be used with any short story that requires the reader to make inferences. This plan would be appropriate for students in grades 8 - 10 and can easily be modified.
The attached ZIP file includes both a word document and a PDF. The PDF ensures that there are no formatting differences between computers. The Word document allows you to make changes as necessary.
The lesson plan includes the following items:
1. A table of contents with a link to each section.
2. A detailed lesson plan that provides step-by-step directions for the teacher. The plan can easily be modified to fit another short story.
3. A graphic organizer for the term "inference."
4. Directions for the "bag game," a game that introduces students to using evidence to support inferences.
5. A graphic organizer for writing using evidence.
6. A list of sentence starters to help students incorporate evidence into their writing. Examples are provided for students to model.
7. Pre-reading activities for "The Cask of Amontillado," including an anticipation guide and research activity.
8. A basic rubric for evidence based writing.