Also included in
- Secondary English teachers: this bundle will give you mini-lessons, activities, and assignments that will allow you engage your students while you teach them about:Opening linesSettingPoint of view and perspectiveConflictCharacterizationThemeSymbolism & motifSuspense and tensionThe Literary Elem$35.99$48.94Save $12.95
Teaching symbolism? Are your students struggling to get it? I know mine sure do. That's why I created this bundle of lessons and activities - so my students could learn to understand how writers use both symbolism and motif to develop the themes in their stories.
You will find a good mix of interactive and analytical activities that move your students one step at a time until they are ready to analyze a text on their own. I’ve also used stories with varying levels of complexity, so you can use them as stepping stones. And the best part is that these lessons are designed so you can use them for in school and distance learning! (Lessons for The Necklace, The Gift of the Magi, The Jacket, and Saturday Climbing).
★ If you want more detailed information about the lessons and stories used in this resource, download the preview.
★ Looking for other resources for teaching literary analysis?
- Mini-Lessons on Literary Elements
- Character Analysis Activities
- Character arcs, archetypes and journeys
- Teaching Point of View and Perspective
- Teaching Suspense and Tension
- Discovering Theme Learning Stations
- Teaching the Process of Literary Analysis
Connect with me for teaching tips and ideas: