Also included in
- Do you have older students on your caseload that need something FUN for articulation? This is the product for you if your students don't need picture stimuli (but if you do need that, have no fear I have a set for that too). This is companion for building brick toys (a speech therapy toy companion).Price $28.00Original Price $32.00Save $4.00
Do you have older students on your caseload that need something FUN for articulation? This is the product for you if your student don't need picture stimuli (but if you do need that have no fear I have a set for that too).
This is also available in a seasonal bundle that contains the fall, winter, and spring sets:
Why should you buy my building brick sets?
1. They are all NO PREP and ink friendly (no colored ink on the pages)!
2. They can be sent with the student as homework
3. I cover a variety of commonly targeted phonemes with 3 choices of building templates per sound/position (over 150 pages)!
This activity was designed to be a simple, no-prep activity to target articulation in an engaging way. These pages are no-prep (print & go).
This pack includes the following sounds: initial/medial/final: f, v, l, s, z, ch, j, th, sh; pre-vocalic r; vocalic r (er, ar, or, air, ear, ire, mixed); Initial & medial/final; lblends; sblends; and rblends First practice, then build a picture out of building bricks. This is great for older students working on articulation who do not need pictures stimuli. If you have students who need pictures, I also have these available in ‘Let’s Build Articulation with Pictures”
There are THREE building templates to choose from: Snowman, Winter Tree, and Ice Skate (for each phoneme/position)
Snowman image: (2) 2 dot length red building bricks (2) 2 dot length black building bricks, (2) 3 dot length black building bricks, (4) 2 dot length brown building brick, (5) 2 dot blue building bricks, (6) 2 dot length white building brick, and (6) 4 dot length white building bricks. Building brick base (optional). Winter Tree Image: (7) 2 dot length white building bricks, (1) 2 dot length brown building brick, (15) 2 dot length green building bricks, (2) 3 dot length green building bricks, (5) 4 dot length brown building bricks, Building brick base (optional).
Ice Skate Image: (3) 2 dot length yellow building bricks, (4) 2 dot length gray building bricks, (4) 4 dot length gray building bricks(5) 2 dot length blue building bricks, (2) 3 dot length blue building bricks, (9) 4 dot length blue building bricks, Building brick base (optional).
You will also need the corresponding Let’s Build Articulation page with the desired target phoneme. I bought a big set of generic colored building bricks on Amazon. This download also contains a full color guide if you need it.
Tip: I have colored building bricks sorted into bags for this activity, it makes finding the needed bricks easier. To save time, you can have the needed bricks sorted ahead of time.
To use: There are two ways to use these pages: Build the picture on the page or build it on a building base.
Instructions: Each time a student places a brick on the page or on a building base, practice one of the articulation words. Keep going until all the words have been practiced and your object is complete. Check the words off as you go. The therapist will determine the number of trials per word. If you finish the list and there are still pieces to place, have the practice the words a second time until it is finished. If you are using a building base, the student can color or mark the bricks they have put on the base as they go.
Extension Activities to incorporate some language skills.
- Use the included define/describe visuals and have the students define/describe
the object they built.
- Have the student try to draw the building brick image using the blank template mat
- Have the student write a sentence with the object they built.
Check out my other building brick companions: