Charlie is a schnauzer and yorkie mix puppy who loves to help his friends learn math. This PowerPoint presentation was created for students learning to count and discriminate between various quantities (1-10). It covers the skills for Quantities and Whole Numbers. Students will be excited to see Charlie and learn about his daily life while learning math at the same time.
The presentation covers the following 8 skills:
1. Count aloud forward in sequence to 100 by 1s and 10s.
2. Recognize that a number can be used to represent how many objects are in a set up to 10.
3. Use ordinal numbers to represent the position of an object in a sequence up to 10.
4. Recognize without counting (subitize) the quantity of a small group of objects in organized and random arrangements up to 10.
5. Count forward, with and without objects, from any given number up to 10.
6. Read, write, discuss, and represent whole numbers from 0 to at least 10. Representations may include numerals, pictures, real objects and picture
graphs, spoken words, and manipulatives.
7. Find a number that is 1 more or 1 less than a given number up to 10.
8.Using the words more than, less than or equal to compare and order whole numbers, with and without objects, from 0 to 10.
Let's Do Math with Charlie contains over 200 PowerPoint slides with activities to get your students excited about learning math. Present them on an interactive whiteboard, print them as a booklet, or use them as a learning center/station.