It's time to explore apples! This unit focuses on fun, hands-on, inquiry-based science activities that revolve around apples. I was tired of sifting through apple units and activities in my teacher resource books that were really only reading or math activities with an apple picture on them, so I created this apple unit for science. I hope that it's useful to you and your students.
Here is what's included (experiments and activities include recording sheets, some are differentiated):
1. Apple Attribute Sort
2. Apple Sample Comparison and Graphing Activities
3. Apple Exploration pages
4. A Bad Apple? Experiment
5. Parts of an Apple-Diagram
6. A Bad Apple? Blindfolded Taste-Test
7. One Fresh Apple! Experiment and Observation Journal
8. Apple tree life cycle book for students with illustrations
9. Applesauce Recipe and parent letter
10. Apple Unit Vocabulary Cards for your science word wall or focus wall
I feel that this unit could be applicable to a wide range of grades. The more difficult activities/recording pages could be done as a whole class with a doc cam or SMART board in the primary grades and independently in the intermediate grades.
Thanks for looking. Please contact me with questions about this unit if you have any! email@example.com
Kelly Findsen Feldkamp