My F.O.C.U.S. Classroom Management Program is designed to help students take ownership of their own behaviors by making and monitoring their own goals. This is how the program works:
1. Show my F.O.C.U.S. Powerpoint Presentation (available here on TpT).
2. Every morning, the students receive a checklist and we review the skills that are presented in the F.O.C.U.S. acrostic until each skill is memorized.
3. Close to day's end, the students evaluate how well they performed using the points system on the checklist.
4. Based on how they scored themselves (which must also be verified and signed by the teacher), the students set out their goals for the next day. The teacher collects these slips of paper and keeps them in folders for each student.
5. Once a student demonstrates a consistent level of focusing/responsibility (levels will differ for every child), the teacher awards a F.O.C.U.S. certificate.
After that point, you may take the program wherever you want. You can give out leadership badges, have a pizza party, etc. Remember, though, the goal of this program is for students to track their own behaviour and allow their achieving of goals to become the prime motivator in maturing.
This program can be used at the start of a new school year or throughout the year as a reminder about what you expect from your students.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License