Let’s Go Rock Collecting – Roll Read and Graph
Let’s Go Rock Collecting
by Roma Gans
This child-friendly book is a delightful addition to units on the rock cycle, fossils, layers of the earth, or Stone Soup. It is included in Harcourt’s Storytown and Houghton Mifflin’s Reading Intervention Soar to Success.
The book is also available at Barnes and Nobles.
“Can we play again?”
Students love this dice game that reinforces vocabulary, graphing, and number sense. Every time it’s played the answers could be different – so these games are great for review too. Keep a bucket of them ready for early finishers!
Each Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 3 premade versions of the dice (pictures, vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank)
• 2 full-page size math response pages
• 2 half-page size graphs (vocabulary and definitions)
• 2 variations of half-page sized math response
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
The pictures on the dice are the same pictures used in the matching test; vocabulary posters; matching game and word wall.
Time – 30-60 minutes w/student made dice; 10 minute review w/premade dice
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley!
Please check my store for supporting documents-
• Let’s Go Rock Collecting - Vocabulary Game and Matching Quiz
• Rock Cycle Dictionary Game
• Let’s Go Rock Collecting Vocabulary Posters and Word Wall
• Let’s Go Rock Collecting - Interactive Vocabulary PPT
• Let’s Go Rock Collecting – Roll Read and Graph
Please feel free to send me questions and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org