Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Great for Literacy Stations, ELA Centers, and Daily 5 Rotations! Great for Sub Plans too! This bundle aligns with Let's Go to the Moon Journeys 1st Grade Unit 4 Lesson 16. It includes high frequency, spelling, and vocabulary word cards with bulletin board headers, early finishers task cards, word work, cloze worksheets, writing prompts and more!
This product contains the following:
• Spelling Word Cards
• Vocabulary Word Cards and Definitions (included is Selection Vocabulary, Oral Vocabulary, Domain-Specific Vocabulary
• High Frequency/Sight Word Cards
• Early Finishers or “Centers” task Cards (set of 8)
• Phonics Cards to make into a bulletin board quilt
• Conclusions Chart
• CLOZE worksheet and Answer Key
• Long “o" and “u” Chart
• Questions-Statements Task Cards
• Main Idea Web
• Writing Prompt Common Core Essential Question Templates(templates included are both Landscape and Portrait, both dotted lined and straight lines, and a picture template for emerging writers to label their words)
• Writing Prompt Informative Writing - (templates included are both Landscape and Portrait, both dotted lined and straight lines, and a picture template for emerging writers to label their words)
Here is some more description and detail for some of the content that is included in this packet:
There is a separate set of Spelling, Vocabulary, and High Frequency word cards; each in a different color. Bulletin Board “header” is included to match each set
We have developed writing “templates” for many of the writing opportunities found within this lesson. In our classrooms we use these writing templates in a variety of ways. They can be used for assessment to monitor student development in all areas of vocabulary and writing. We also use these pieces of student writing for the bulletin boards in the classroom to always have current student writing shown tied directly to the current anthology or lesson you are teaching. These pieces of writing can also be saved for a writing portfolio to show writing progress on various genres of student writing as they grow throughout the year, and shown at Open House.
Early Finishers Task Cards Mini Set:
We use in “Centers” with parents (who may need to read them to students) or with students who can read on their own. They are used as extra activities and practice for early finishers or for a “center” or buddy work.
We have developed an “Essential Question” for this passage to promote higher level thinking, citing examples and evidence, and align with Common Core Practices.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original [component] work on which this material is based.