What could be more fun than dressing up as lords, ladies, knights, jesters, and peasants to celebrate with your own medieval feast? You might want to have an archery or jousting tournament to complete the festivities.
Does the thought of throwing a medieval banquet overwhelm you? Don’t worry about a thing. Laura and Meredith have thrown a festive Middle Ages Feast with their own children and homeschool co-op. They will walk you step-by-step through the process of planning and hosting your own historical event in Let's Have Our Own Medieval Banquet.
This book contains information on the Middle Ages, including what they wore and how they dressed. There are clothing suggestions and easy instructions to make authentic-looking costumes for your children and teens.
The planning process is broken down to sizeable portions with suggestions on how to divide the jobs.
As always, there are recipes too.
This will make a great addition to your study of the Middle Ages or a great finale to a related unit study.
Here are the chapters in Let’s Have Our Own Medieval Banquet:
- Huzzah for Our Medieval Feast (how we did it with photographs)
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, about the Middle Ages
- Huzzah for the Medieval Feast (the ingredients of a Middle Ages Banquet)
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Let’s Plan the Event (tasks, plans)
- Huzzah for the Itinerary (a flexible schedule you can follow and adapt)
- Set Up the Banquet Hall
- Costumes for the Banquet (with examples and directions)
- Resources for Studying the Middle Ages