Please be sure to download the preview file! It shows all of the pages that are included in this product. The preview also shows photos of the assembled product.
This is an interactive file folder activity to support your lessons on the calendar as part of your second or third grade Measurement Unit. It is suitable for both Canadian and American teachers as the cover page explores different ways we use measurement in our day-to-day lives.
The theme of the product is a soapbox derby/racing theme and it was very much enjoyed by all of my students in my third grade class. Students on modified academic programs or those working a different grade levels will require some assistance to complete this assignment, but there are many aspects of it that can be completed independently (e.g. cutting out the months and gluing them in order).
There’s something to challenge all learning levels in this activity.
The finished product, as you’ll see in the preview photos, is very effective as both a portable anchor chart and a great way to warm-up your class at the start of each Math lesson in your Measurement Unit.
The product includes:
• Two title pages: one for American, one for Canadian teachers
• A calendar for students to cut out and glue inside their file folder-the calendar is very basic, so that teachers can address the way a calendar is constructed (like a puzzle) and students can easily see how the months “fit together”
• An interactive “Quick Facts About the Calendar” page for students to complete
• A page where students will use their calendar to answer problem solving questions about the soapbox racers
• An answer key
• Photos of the finished product
The product does not included a lesson plan for teaching students about the calendar.
Please be sure to download the preview file. It really is the best description of the product. In order for you to be sure this is the right product for you and your grade level, my preview displays all of the pages that are included.
Thanks so much for visiting my store!
You might also like:
Transformational Geometry Powerpoint and Mini-Bulletin Board Set
Student Vacation Journal
100th Day of School Activities for Older Kids!