Purpose of this lesson:
This is an icebreaker, intended for the first day of class.
This is intended to warm the students up to at least a couple of his or her classmates. Through this lesson, the student will get to talk about his/herself and also learn about other students.
The body of knowledge from which this material was derived is Dale Carnegie’s book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. Students will (indirectly) learn concepts of:
• Say my name
• The power of “I Am”
• Become genuinely interested in other people
• Talk about your own mistakes / insecurities
• Talk in terms of the other person’s interests
• Give honest and sincere appreciation
• Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to