We are 3 kindergarten teachers who have refined and tested this script for many years. Our experience with the script has been with kindergarten only, but we feel that it can easily be adapted to preschool to first grade. We have used our own ideas and gathered ideas from others to create this script. The circus is a part of American history. In olden days, the circus would travel throughout the country from small town to small town providing entertainment that would amaze and thrill its audience. Nowadays, a circus is a rare event in the United States. Our children are familiar with carnivals and amusement parks, but not so much a full fledged circus. Despite this fact, children delight in pretending to be a circus performer. The bright colors and cheerful music bring much joy to a child!
INCLUDED IN THIS PACKET
1. Eight page teacher script with easy to follow directions
2. Costume and prop suggestions as well as speaking parts for RINGMASTER, LION, LION TAMER, BAREBACK RIDER, TRAPEZE ARTIST, SEAL, SEAL TRAINER, STRONG MAN, TIGHTROPE WALKER, JUGGLER, ELEPHANT, CLOWN, POPCORN SELLER
3. Easy to follow circus songs
4. Parent letter
5. Circus word wall cards
6. Circus writing activity
7. Full color introductory book about the circus
8. Student made black line book OR students follow step by step directions for creating illustrations for their book
9. Circus book suggestions
10. Recording sheet for students to vote on their 3 favorite circus roles
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO VIEW THE COMPONENTS INCLUDED!