Let’s Record the Kiandra Chinese Camp is an integrated unit, which aims to help children identify individuals, events and aspects of Kiandra that have significance in the present.
Kiandra is a historic and abandoned gold mining town situated in the Snowy River, NSW, Australia.
Following the Australian Curriculum, this resource is best suited for Years 3 and 4. It includes information and activities that link to Mathematics, English and HaSS. It also introduces children to archaeological methods and techniques.
The 30-page unit includes:
- A brief introduction to the history and archaeology of the place;
- A practice exercise for perimeter;
- An archaeological plan reading exercise;
- An artefact drawing activity;
- A counting puzzle;
- A field diary example with comprehension exercises;
- The PDF includes links to additional resources and references, including historical photographs; and,
- The answer sheet.
The resource is a downloadable PDF file. If you would like a compressed PDF file, please contact us prior to purchasing the resource.
Once you have placed your order, there will be a short delay in receiving the file, as your order will be processed manually. If you have any questions regarding our products or services, please don’t hesitate to contact us.