Adding money is a difficult skill for second and third graders. Help your students add dollars faster with this center and worksheet combo! This center includes color shopping cards with fall and winter themed items for sale like ice skates and cookbooks! The worksheets make great homework or morning work to reinforce this skill. All shopping cards have prices listed with dollars and no cents.
24 shopping cards with color clipart
1 Part and Total Mat for students to organize their thinking
4 Worksheets to use with the shopping cards
2 Worksheets for homework, seat work, or centers
1 answer key for the worksheets
Find Animal Addition books here!
Find Subtraction Worksheets here!
How to Use this product:
1. Print and cut out cards. Laminate for long term use.
2. Choose and print the worksheets you would like the students to use with the cards.
3. Print the part and total mat if you would like to help the students organize their thinking with this tool.
4. Show the students how to place their cards on the part boxes on the mat so they can picture that these are the two parts of the total.
5. Print out the additional worksheets for homework or seat work, so that students can continue to practice the skill after they are done with the center.
6. As always, modeling how to do this math activity for the students will help them be more successful when they go to do it independently!
7. These cards can also be used for other activities when you want the students to add up prices. Set up a store or have the students write their own word problems!
Fonts from www.helloliteracy.com
Graphics and borders from http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden