"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." Robert Orben (American comedy writer ~ 1927)
Planning a career unit
for your students ?
Looking for some introductory material to the world of work ?
Our high school students are not usually exposed to the world of business in their foreign language classes, yet most of them will enter the business world upon completion of their studies.
Based on my experiences working in Germany, I have put together an overview of various aspects of a typical company and what they do.
Students go from department to department and see what each entails.
There are ten chapters. Each chapter includes:
1. Pertinent vocabulary in German and English,
2. An overhead explanation in English of the functions of the department or area involved,
3. A set of exercises on certain grammar points using the new business vocabulary,
4. An activity or game to further use the business vocabulary in that chapter,
5. A BIZ*TIP
pointing out cultural differences in business life and life in general in Germany,
6. A one-page MINITEST
after every two chapters,
7. And answer keys
to all exercises and MINITESTS.
Please note that the grammar points covered are not taught using these materials.
It is assumed that your students have already learned them and are now going to review and reinforce them using business terminology.
Here are the chapters:
* Accusative case of 'der' and 'ein'; accusative case pronouns
* Adjective endings in the nominative, dative, and accusative cases after 'der' and 'der' words
* Future tense with werden , accusative case prepositions
* Modal verbs in the present tense
* Dative case pronouns, gefallen + DATIV
* das Imperfekt of regular verbs plus haben and sein, da- and wo- compounds
* Conjunctions denn and weil, two-way prepositions
* Separable prefix verbs im Präsens and im Perfekt
* Command forms, was für ein + AKKUSATIV
Die Wareneingangs- und Versandabteilung
* Das Perfekt (both forms) of modal verbs, compound nouns.
These materials are suitable for high school students towards the end of German 2 or in German 3 or above or can be used as an easy introduction to Business German for lower level language students on the college level as well.
All items are ready-to-use - just print and go - so your job's easy. (150 pages)
* EXPANSION ACTIVITIES *
Here are some of Angelika's tips
'How to write a German business email'
some handy phrases for
Maybe your students would like to take the 'Berufe-Entdecker Quiz'
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Danke.
♥ .. On my home page, please click on the word FREE
(under PRICES) in the left panel to see which products are currently free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you're looking for more ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For German Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For German Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 6 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 7 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 8 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 9 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 10 For German
* Single Sub * Plan 11 For German
.. Ooh La La ! ..
.. Interesting French words used in German. ..
* Single Sub * Plan 13 For German ~ Austria
Prefer a savings ?
* German Culture * Bundle
* German * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
* Wish * List Bundle For Christina
.. Also available to any other German teacher. Over 300 pages. ..
* Wish * List Bundle 1 For Vanessa
.. Available to any other German teacher, too. Quite a savings with over 500 pages. ..
* Wish * List Bundle For Barbara
.. Also available to any other German teacher. More savings with over 600 pages. ..
* Wish * List Bundle 2 For Vanessa
.. Available to any other German teacher, too. Yet more savings with over 700 pages. ..
* Composers' Specials Bundle ~ Bach Bizet Handel Liszt Rossini Strauss Beethoven
* World War I ~ The Great War Centennial Bundle
Or want to create your own ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For German
* The Use of du * ihr * Sie in German .. It's free. ..
* Tissue * Box Project For German Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* Die Schultüte For German * Class
* A Light History Of The English Language For German Class
* The Color * Game For German Class .. Vorsicht. This can get pretty exciting ! ..
* Telling Time * Pac For German Class
* Das Perfekt * Pac ~ Activities For German Class
* Menu * Project For German Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* The Two * Way Preposition Pac For German
* Wordle Activity * Pac For German .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital E ! ..
* Practice * Pac ~ wissen und kennen
* Using An Online German-English Dictionary
Customs & Life in Germany
* Das Namensrecht * The German Naming Laws
.. Nice initial introduction to a cultural difference for the start of school. ..
* The School * Pac For German
* Toi Toi Toi * And Other Customs In Germany
* Der Knigge ~ Manners Still Matter
* Wedding * Customs In Germany .. Fun to talk about right before Valentinstag. ..
* Food * Customs And Dining In Germany
* The Autobahn And Driving In Germany
* The Post * Pac For German Class
* Let's Talk Business: In German .. Perfect, too, for after the AP Exam. ..
* German-American Day * Famous People .. For October 6th ~ German-American Day. ..
* German-American Day Activities * Pac .. For October 6th ~ Easy activities to make this day special. ..
* Famous German-Americans Crossword Puzzles
* German * American Day Bundle
* Teach German Day * Pac
* Oktoberfest Word * Searches
* Mamie Eisenhower * Think Pink .. It's free. ..
Mamie was our last First Lady to be born in the 1800s.
Learn more about the seldom-talked-about wife of one of our most famous German-Americans, President Dwight David Eisenhower. ..
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For German
.. Nice for Allerheiligen. ..
* The Great * War Centennial ~ In Flanders Fields
* Twenty Un-famous People of The Great War Who Became Famous
* The Christmas * Pac For German Class
* Nikolaustag * Pac For German
* German Christmas With Rick Steves
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Vienna
* Faschingsmasken For German Class
* Valentinstag ♥ Pac For German Class
* Valentinstag ♥ Carte For German Class
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 1 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday. ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 2 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday. This was such a hit in German 1, my students made me make a German 2 version. ..
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For German
.. Nice for Muttertag im Mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For German 1
* Final * Exam For German 2
* Final * Exam For German 3
* Komm mit Level 1 ~ Video * Pac
* Komm mit Level 2 ~ Video * Pac
* Lotto * Pac For German .. Review more than just numbers with this fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Proverb * Pac For German Class
* Card Game * Pac For German Class
* Schokoladen * Fest For German Class
* Geography * Pac For German Class
* Schattenbilder * Silhouettes For German Class
* Rorschach * Inkblot Activity For German Class
* The Doctor * Is In For German Class
* The Extra Credit Word * Pac For German
* Food * Activity ~ Pass The Plate For German Class
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For German Teachers
* Coat of Arms Project * For German Class
* The Weather * Pac For German
* The Calendar Activities * Pac For German Class
* Photo Scavenger * Hunt For German Class
.. Perfect for after the AP German Exam or for upper level students. ..
* Battleship * Pac For German .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* ABC-Büchlein For German .. Need a recruiting tool ? Try this. ..
* Monster * Project For German Class
* Country Map * Project For German Class
.. Easy for German 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For German Class .. Nice way to end the year. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For German
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 2
* Grammar * Pac For German Class ~ Set 3
* Chutes & Ladders Verb * Project For German Class
* Household * Chores Activities For German
* Relative Pronoun * Activity For German
* Verb Activity * Pac For German
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For German .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP German students. ..
* Dative * Case Activities For German
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 1
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 2
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 3
* Movie * Pac For German ~ Set 4 ~ Biographies
* Feature * Film ~ Nordwand (North Face) .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end ! ..
* Feature * Film ~ Woman In Gold
* Feature * Film ~ Race
.. The 1936 Berlin Olympics. Nicely done bio-pic for Black History Month. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Jesse Owens - American Experience
.. An interesting documentary. Perfect link between German and Black History Month. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Bella Martha Mostly Martha .. Sweet film. Fits in nicely with a food unit. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Rosenstraße Rosenstrasse
* Feature * Film ~ Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas
* Rick Steves * Germany Benelux & More
* Feature * Film ~ Marx & Coca Cola .. A delightful film about post-Reunification hurdles. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Swing Kids
* Burt Wolf ~ Ticino, Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Seven Years In Tibet
* Feature * Film ~ Sissi Forever My Love
* Feature * Film ~ The Young Victoria
* Feature * Film ~ Amadeus
* Rick Steves ~ Berlin, Germany
* Feature * Film ~ The Sound of Music
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. Good way to touch upon German-speaking Switzerland. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Bach's Fight For Freedom
* Feature * Film ~ Handel's Last Chance
* Feature * Film ~ Bridge of Spies
* Feature * Film ~ Das schreckliche Mädchen ~ The Nasty Girl
* Feature * Film ~ Das Wunder von Bern
* Feature * Film ~ Die weiße Rose ~ The White Rose
* Feature * Film ~ Einstein's Wife
* Feature * Film ~ Influenza 1918
* Feature * Film ~ Lola rennt ~ Run, Lola, Run
* Feature * Film ~ Night Crossing .. Da sitzen Sie auf heißen Kohlen bis zum Ende ! ..
* Feature * Film ~ The Berlin Wall ~ Modern Marvels
* Feature * Film ~ The Candy Bomber
* Feature * Film ~ The Monuments Men
* Feature * Film ~ The Rise and Fall of the Wall
* Feature * Film ~ Valkyrie
* Rick Steves * Austria & The Alps
* Feature * Film ~ Patton
* Feature * Film ~ Heidi
* Feature * Film ~ War Horse
* Feature * Film ~ Nowitzki: The Perfect Shot
* Rick Steves ~ Luther and The Reformation
* Feature * Film ~ The Great War Christmas Truce
* Feature * Film ~ Strauss: The King of Three Quarter Time
* Feature * Film ~ Liszt's Rhapsody
* Feature * Film ~ The Zookeeper's Wife
* Feature * Film ~ The Lost Battalion
* Rick * Steves ~ Dresden and Leipzig
* Feature * Film ~ The King's Speech
.. Wondering about the Royal Family's German connection ?
.. It's explained in the accompanying overhead. ..
* Burt Wolf ~ What's Cooking In Switzerland
* Burt Wolf ~ Zurich, Switzerland
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your German Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn TpT credits to be used towards future
purchases each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just click the PROVIDE FEEDBACK button next to your purchase, both give a
rating & make a short comment so you receive a TpT credit.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *