Also included in
- A social skills bundle for your middle and high school students that focuses on social language and pragmatics while saving you money! All products in the bundle contain social stories, youtube clips with fun activities, AND contain digital components. Teletherapy-friendly! This is a bundle of 4$38.25$50.00Save $11.75
Teaching tone of voice can be challenging. Are you looking for social narratives and social skills materials on teaching sarcasm, emotional tone and formal and informal tone that are both print and no print? Are you wanting appropriate materials for middle and high school students? Are you hoping that pictures depicting tone are real photographs? Is it too much to hope that the materials are also common-core aligned? Of course it's not, this product meets all of the above criteria!
**You can customize this product and assign it in google classroom on TPT's EASEL. I have added digital directions and answer boxes to the EASEL activities.
Here's an overview of what you will receive:
- 5 youtube links, reviewed and summarized, on tone of voice,
- 4 worksheets on the youtube links with 4 teacher answer keys,
- 1 page tone of voice rubric to help you write IEP or treatment goals and measure progress of your students or clients,
- Vocabulary of tone of voice worksheets that can be done online with digital annotation or printed out.
- Teaching stories (19 pages total) for middle and high school students on tone of voice, sarcasm, emotional tone and formal and informal tone. These can be displayed on your device or printed out.
- Say it like an angry man! This is a fun emotional tone activity to hit home the concept that we can take the same seemingly bland sentence but if we say it with an angry tone, it changes how it the message is interpreted by others. Includes digital options.
- Change your tone, change your message. Print and digital options.
- Spinner game to practice happy, angry, sarcastic, formal and informal tone, and game to practice saying 30 different messages in 18 different tones. You can modify the types and amount of tone that you address in a session. Includes 18 emotional tone cards with REAL PHOTOGRAPHS. Includes digital activities too.
- Formal or Informal tone sorting game with sorting mat and 42 cards for them to sort plus digital activities,
- 1 page compare/contrast formal and informal messages,
- 1 page, "how to change an informal message to a formal message,"
- 1 page, change the tone of these texts activity,
- Perspective-taking: Students complete "I felt" slips (drawing and stating the emotion) to tell how they felt when various tones were used.
- 1 page of "common core communicators" that lists the CCSS this packet addresses,
- Tone Charades.
Click here for Blog Post: Teaching Tone of Voice!
You might also be interested in:
All of my new products are half off for the first 48 hours following release. The most reliable way to be notified of new products is to follow me on TPT.
Please leave feedback at my store if you purchase this product and you will receive credits towards tpt purchases at any tpt store!
ALL OF MY NEW PRODUCTS ARE HALF OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS FOLLOWING NEW RELEASE. CLICK ON THE GREEN FOLLOW BUTTON TO BE NOTIFIED OF NEW PRODUCTS AND FREEBIES!
CONNECT ON Facebook!
CONNECT ON Instagram!