Are you looking for an emotions unit that is comprehensive, uses real photographs, has relevant content for your students and is common core-aligned? Check out this in-depth unit (79 pages) for middle and high school tweens/teens with autism, Aspergers, ADHD and/or social communication delays. They need an in-depth program to teach them to improve their emotional intelligence and develop a robust emotional vocabulary. This multi-step activity packet works on the social communication goals of identifying emotions, matching emotion vocabulary words to pictures, identifying words and text messages that correspond to various emotions, understanding how the emotions we display impacts how we are perceived by others, matching emotions to scenarios and understanding that how we approach another person depends upon how they are feeling.
ELA activities: synonyms, antonyms, using reference materials to determine meaning, choosing the best synonym and more!
There are activities to help your students "dissect" how a person's face and body look for 15 emotions.
Real, color photographs appropriate for middle and high school students that depict the following emotions are included:
You will receive all of the materials you need to teach and address social communication goals for the above-listed emotions and build a robust emotional vocabulary in the following activities:
1. Youtube clips on emotions and 6 accompanying vocabulary worksheets, 11 pages. Clips are reviewed and summarized for you and links provided.
2. Matching Emotion Words to Pictures and sentence slips, 2 pages,
3. Emotion Selfies: 4 pages,
4. 15 emotion words using different fonts to enhance the understanding of the word meaning: 5 pages,
5. How do they feel? Looking for Clues. 5 pages,
6. Emotion charades and tokens (facebook "likes"), 2 pages,
7. Dissecting Emotions. Using descriptive vocabulary to describe what our bodies do for each emotion, 3 pages.
8. Improving Perspective-taking: Our emotions change how others view us, 4 pages,
9. Match text messages to the appropriate emoticon! 1 page
10. How do I feel? Recognizing and drawing faces that depict current emotional states. 3 pages. 1 page of emoticons,
11. Venn diagram to compare and contrast similar emotions,
12. What would you say? Add a speech or thought bubble to the emotion pictures!
13. Match scenario to emotion. 24 cards
14. 2 pages of CCSS communicators and 2 progress monitoring options.
Options to individualize activities included.
This product is part of a money-saving bundle of 3 social language products for older students:
Let's Talk: Bundle of 3 Social Communication Product for Middle and High School
You might also be interested in:
Tone Packet for middle and high school students.
No Interrupting: Teaching Story, Middle and High School
Let's talk about conversations: for middle and high school
Let's talk about personal space: middle and high school
Check out the detailed preview pages to see screenshots and samples of the pages and photographs of the product in action. Remember, if you purchase this item, please leave feedback at my store. You will receive credits towards future purchases at any Tpt store!
On 1/17 product updated and all links checked and secured.
Copyright: 2015 Donna Miazga Updated 1/17