Harry the Wonder Dog prepared "Let's Write a Narrative!" to assist primary or elementary aged students in writing successful and interesting narratives. The book also assists students in self-evaluating and reviewing each other's story. The book is illustrated with cute and attractive graphics!
The book contains the following information, displays and handouts.
- What is a narrative? (poster/display)
- What is the purpose of a narrative? (poster/display)
- What do we find in a narrative? (poster/display)
- What are the steps of writing a narrative? (poster/display)
- What do we find in a narrative or a story? (summary poster/display)
- Words other than 'said' (word list/poster/display)
- Linking words (word list/poster/display)
- Other useful words - action words, describing words, place words (word list/poster/display)
- Punctuation (poster/display)
- Use your senses (poster/display)
- Figurative language (poster/display)
- Planning a narrative (poster/display)
- Story planners (handouts)
- Lined paper for draft and good copy (handouts)
- Editing checklists (handouts)
- Self-reflection sheet (handout)
- Narrative report (handout)
- Narrative review (handout)
***The main content is 29 pages in total (with blue plaid patterned background). I also included a version of handouts and displays with white background as an option (27 pages). Total of 56 pages.