Going on a Letter Hunt is a fun & active way for students to learn their letters and practice letter formation. Included are 3 lowercase letter pages in different fonts, 3 uppercase letter pages in different 3 fonts, and 3 combination letter pages in different 3 fonts. All you have to do is pick the page(s) you want to use and print. It’s that simple! It’s a perfect activity for any preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten classroom! It can be used as a whole class activity, small group activity, or center activity.
Ways to mark the letter when they find it:
• put an “x” through the box, trace the letter, high light the letter, use a bingo marker to mark the letter, or use a sticker to mark the letter
Letters to find:
• Have students find letters that are naturally around the classroom
• Have students put letter manipulatives around the center/classroom. You can use foam letters, magnet letters, letter beads, or another letter manipulative you have. My students love to put the letters all around!
• Tape up letter cards around a center/classroom
Putting the Letters Away:
• Students put the letter manipulatives in ABC order after they have found all the letters.
• Have students use the uppercase page, lowercase page, or the combination page depending on their own individual level.
Check our more literacy products!
Play Dough Alphabet MatsRainbow Letters Monthly Home Reading LogsParent Handouts: Building Skills & Learning at Home
Click the green star to follow me to receive 50% off all new products for the first 24 hours a new product is posted!
Visit my store Pocket of Preschool
letters | alphabet | alphabet preschool | alphabet pre-k | alphabet kindergarten |Handwriting | Handwriting Preschool | Handwriting Pre-K | Handwriting Kindergarten | Letter Formation | Letter Formation Preschool | Letter Formation Pre-K | Letter Formation Kindergarten | Letters | Letter of the Week