Teach the alphabet with these interactive ABC cards that let students see the letter, hear the letter and sound, and see the letter formation! These tech-enhanced cards can be used as Posters,as a Read the Room activity, as Word Wall headers, to support a letter of the week theme, as a whole class or center activity, or an individual student review!
Each section of the card pulls up an engaging video: The animals come to life to say the letter name and sounds. The letters come to life and the correct formation is highlighted. Then, students will also get to enjoy a musical video about each letter. These cards provide a multisensory introduction or review for learners. Students can refer to the cards while practicing to ensure they are practicing correctly.
To get the best preview:
Follow my channel and hold your device over the turtle card in the preview for full preview of the features.
Click here to see a video preview!
In order to use all of the features of this article you will need a tablet or smartphone that uses Google Play or iTunes App Store.
To prep your device:
Download the free Aurasma app from your device store or find a download link from www.aurasma.com
Follow my channel using the link http://auras.ma/s/y0yzF or search for mrsmartinlearns
To prep the cards for use:
You may print the cards on cardstock for durability or use matte photo paper (the 4x6 size can be printed at a Photo Shop fairly affordably!), or regular weight paper. The pictures are intended to be printed in color, but the AR features typically work in black and white as well. Lamination is NOT recommended as it can interfere with the ability to recognize the trigger images, especially in bright light. Please test a card before laminating the entire set. Page protectors may also be used, and if they interfere they are easy to remove. You may also choose to print these on matte photo paper or use a 1-hour photo shop
To use the alphabet card’s AR features:
1. Hold your prepared device over one of the cards. An Aura (video) will appear over the image! Tap the screen or keep the device trained on the Aura until it ends. Moving the device without tapping will end the connection and the video will stop and start over from the beginning when retrained on the image.
Uses for the classroom:
- Interactive word wall
- Read the Room activity
- Center activity to introduce or review letters and letter formation
- Individual student activity, such as ordering the cards or using the card to support practice
You might also be interested in:
• Color Words Read and Write the Room Augmented Reality Activity
• See all of my Augmented Reality resources here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.