• In pairs, students will place cards face down. I suggest only doing a few pairs at a time. Using too many cards can prove to be quite cumbersome.
• When student finds a match, he/she will be able to keep cards.
• Player with the most cards when all the cards have been used is the winner.
• Optional: For additional points: Students can say the sound of the letter after a match is made.
• Students can play several rounds and record points using the recording sheet provided.
• Copy, cut, and laminate cards. Hole punch toward the top left corner of each card and place on metal ring. Next, students may quiz each other regarding letter recognition and/or sound. Recording sheet may be used to keep track of points.
Start with uppercase letters only. After student has reached mastery, use lowercase letters only. Finally, include both.