These bracelets are a simple, low prep, high value tool that you can use to help students learn their letter sounds and also increase your home-school connection!
Each letter of the alphabet is included in a simple kindergarten friendly font. Each vowel has a separate long and short sound bracelet.
There are 10 bracelets to a page so minimal copies are needed.
Using the bracelets is simple!
- First, cut into strips that resemble a bracelet.
- Next, put a small piece of tape on the end of the bracelet with the letter.
- Then, have students make the letter sound on the bracelet, wrap around the paper on their wrist and put the other half of the tape on the bracelet tight enough it won't fall off.
- Finally, other school staff and parents will have a conversation starter on the letter sound the student is learning!
- Optionally, I offer students a sticker as an incentive to keep the bracelet on all day to ensure that the parents see it as well.
I have parents tell me at Spring conferences that their child will keep these bracelets in a special drawer at home and won't get rid of them!