*Letter Sound Correspondence
*PDF in color and black and white (helping teachers save money on color copies :) ).
The student will match initial phonemes to graphemes.
Picture/letter domino cards
Copy on card stock, laminate, and cut.
Students match initial sounds of pictures to letters while playing a domino game.
1. Scatter domino picture cards face up on a flat surface.
2. Taking turns, student one places the START domino on the table, names the picture on the
other side of the domino, and says its initial sound (i.e., “lamp, /l/”).
3. Looks for a domino with the letter that corresponds to the initial sound, names it, and says
its sound (i.e., “l, /l/”). Connects the two dominoes.
4. Student two names the picture on the other side of the domino (i.e., “hammer”), says its
initial sound (i.e., “/h/”), and finds the domino with the corresponding letter. Names the
letter and says its sound (i.e., “h, /h/”). Connects it to the domino.
5. Continue until all dominoes are connected.