Thanks for downloading my Letter Sounds Phonics Match Up Game. Students will match letter sounds to alphabet letters on the game mats by sounding out the words depicted on the game pieces.
This download includes:
- 10 printable pages in all
- Uppercase and lowercase game mats
- Color & b/w game mat options
- Color game pieces
- Short vowel and long vowel picture cards (in 7/12/18 update)
Assembly is super simple:
1. Print the upper and lowercase alphabet mat pages (choose color or black and white), laminate them, and use double face tap to adhere them to a file folder. A-L on one side and M-Z on the other side of the file folder (see photo on next page).
2. Print and laminate the picture sound cards. Cut along the dotted line.
3. Place clear sticky (loop/soft side) Velcro on each alphabet letter. Place (hook/scratchy side) Velcro on the back of each picture card.
4. Store picture cards in an envelope attached to the front of the file folder. (I like to laminate my envelopes to make them last longer. I also add Velcro to the flap so they are able to close.
5. Label the file folder tab.
(Pre-K Teacher Heather}
Find more of my file folder games HERE.