This printable will be a wonderful addition to your beginning (initial) sound learning center activity as well as a rhyming printable. For the sounds printable, pick uppercase and lowercase letter Christmas lights—put them on the string on the reindeer’s antlers. Then find the matching nose that has a picture of the object that begins with that letter sound.
For the rhyming printable, use the mat that has two reindeer. Pick a nose that has a picture and find the matching rhyming picture. Put each nose on the reindeer on the mat. Included are also word rectangles that can be used on the reindeer.
--2 mats (one for sounds; one for rhyming
--52 letter Christmas lights
--43 reindeer noses (pictures for the sounds and rhyming)
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* Can also be used for assessment purposes.
* Can put lights in ABC order.
* Can match pictures for rhyming without mat.
* Can play a matching game where you turn all lights over and try to find the matching pair.
* Can use the word rectangles for differentiation.
* Can be used in small group or literacy center.
* Post letters around the room. Teacher will shout out a letter for each student to find or put one letter out into the room (uppercase) give lowercase to child and have them find the matching letter (lowercase).
Put a matching sticker on the backs of the pieces that go together. When the child is finished, have them turn over the cards to see if the stickers match.
Become a Follower
Be the first to know about store sales and new products by clicking the green "Follow Me" star on this page under the store name. Another way is to click the green star on the home page of Creations by Mrs Mouse.
Creations by Mrs Mouse