Teach your students essential life skills with this Letter Writing & Envelope Addressing Lesson! Even high school students often don't know how to write a letter or address an envelope. This PRINTABLE AND DIGITAL Letter Writing & Envelope Addressing Lesson is great for writing appreciation letters for Thanksgiving or Teacher Appreciation Week or to get students ready to write a letter to anyone else.
This Letter Writing & Envelope Addressing Lesson begins with the included slideshow. Students can fill out the included guided notes as you teach.
If students are still confused, the included example letters and envelopes will serve as references for students.
Once students understand how to write a letter and address an envelope, they'll be tasked with writing a letter of appreciation to a school staff member. However, if you'd like students to complete a different task (like writing to a politician), you can alter the assignment directions.
Because this Letter Writing & Envelope Addressing Lesson is digital and flexible, how students complete the assignment is very flexible. Use the included printable worksheets, the included digital worksheets, or have students write out a letter on paper and address a real envelope. Mix and match the printable and digital components included to best fit your classroom!
- Teacher's Guide
- EDITABLE Letter Writing & Envelope Addressing Google Slides Presentation
- EDITABLE AND SELF-GRADING Google Forms Quiz OR Guided Notes
- Non-editable printable Guided Notes (PDF)
- Example of filled out guided notes (PDF)
- Non-editable Letter Examples (PDF)
- Non-editable Envelope Examples (PDF)
- Student Worksheets
- Digital and Editable Letter Writing & Envelope Addressing Worksheets (Google Docs)
- Non-editable Printable Letter Writing Worksheet (PDF)
- Non-editable Printable Envelope Addressing Worksheet (PDF)
- Letter Rubric
- Non-editable, printable PDF format
- EDITABLE Google Doc format
- EDITABLE Google Sheets format (for instant uploading into Google Classroom)
- Directions for Uploading the Google Sheets Rubric Into Google Classroom
Please note that only the resources marked editable can be modified. Please look at the preview, which includes all the major components of this resource, prior to purchase to be sure this lesson is right for you and your students.
- Email Writing Lesson
- C-E-R (claim, evidence, reasoning) Writing Bundle
- Grammar Lessons Bundle
- Creative Writing Mini-lesson Workshops
- Poetry Writing Bundle
***This resource consists of NON-EDITABLE PDF and Google files within a Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, is included in the preview.