PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Phonemic awareness for kindergarten is a necessary component for reading. Along with phonics, word work, small group plans and more - it is a daunting task to get it all planned and prepped. You will get everything you need with The Phonics Diner.
Welcome to The Phonics Diner! This was created by Angela Griffith from The Daily Alphabet and Keri Brown from Enchanted Kinder Garden. What's The Phonics Diner you ask? It's your one-stop shop for phonics and phonemic awareness instruction. In The Phonics Diner, you will find a yearlong curriculum with a focus on differentiating instruction for whole group and small group learners. In this resource, you will find a fun, diner themed curriculum. Our curriculum was designed to reach all ranges of learners that enter your classroom. We have based our Menu, the scope and sequence, on three learning paths. The Phonics Diner is a collection of rigorous, hands-on, and engaging activities for teaching your students each and every single day.
DOWNLOAD the PREVIEW to get a closer look!
What am I purchasing right now?:
- Alphabet Buffet (26 days of Alphabet introduction instruction) lesson plans
- The Phonics Diner Hat
- Alphabet Buffet Appetizer (pre-assessment/post-assessment which also includes numbers, shapes, colors)
- 26 Tactile Letter Mats
- 33 Tactile Letter Ideas
- 26 Alpha-snack Exit Tickets
- Alphabet Books (26 Books in all)
- Alphabet Line (4 Versions (2 Lined/2 Unlined)
- Sound Chart (4 Versions - use these for Alphabet Buffet letter maps/circle maps)
- Parent Letter
- Binder Cover Printable
What does guided reading in kindergarten look like?
"Research has repeatedly shown that phonics instruction is best when it is systematic and explicit, rather than random and implicit." - Wiley Blevins. With this thought in mind, we have created a curriculum that focuses on phonological awareness to help students better understand the alphabetic principle. Research has shown that the best indicators of early reading success is attributed to early letter recognition and phonemic awareness. Students should be able to recognize the alphabet in all forms (uppercase, lowercase, different fonts). Students should also recognize that each letter makes a sound and be able to connect the letter to its sound. This curriculum is created to lay the foundation for early reading success.
This resource is also included in the bundle for The Phonics Diner.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches: Follow me HERE
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. That's it! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺