These flashcards are designed to display on a Letter of the Week pocket chart for your focus wall! They can also be used for sound sorts, or match to their corresponding beginning sound letter! Check out the FUN and ACTIVE routine that Heidi has created for reviewing the Letter of the Week on the video! It's a great way to keep children engaged as they review the alphabet daily, and the routine takes less than two minutes. It also dovetails quite well with our HeidiSongs Number of the Day/Week Focus Wall set, and our Shape of the Week set. Be sure to check them out!
This Letter of the Week Alphabet Flashcard Set has six beginning sounds pictures for each letter (except X, which has 3) in both color and black and white. Each picture flash card measures just three inches square, which is the perfect size for most classroom pocket charts, and also works great for sorting pictures in small groups! The alphabet flash cards are presented in both full page (8.5 x 11 inch) format and the smaller 3” x 3” format that works well in pocket charts.
Includes 258 pages:
• Letter of the Week header/signs for bulletin board in both color and black and white
• 1 upper, 1 lowercase 8.5x11" & 3x3" flashcard for each letter of the alphabet for both simple letters and letter formation
• 6 colored and 6 black & white 3x3" flashcards for each letter of the alphabet
• Colored Alphabet Poster flashcards sized 3" x 3" for each letter
• Colored Alphabet in both upper and lowercase in multiple fonts for help with letter recognition
• Letter Formation Poems with letter formation in B&W and colored "Sky, Grass, Dirt". (These are the same as the lyrics for our new Alphabet Formation Songs now streaming on https://heidisongs.uscreen.io/programs/collection-ksddm5pvpaw?categoryId=12210 )
• Alphabet Poems whose lyrics match our Letter & Sounds Animated Alphabet DVD and/or Singable Songs for Letters and Sounds DVD, now streaming here: https://heidisongs.uscreen.io/programs/letters-and-sounds?categoryId=12210
• Sample: Cookie Sheet Activity with Plastic Letters (plastic letters not included), in both color and B&W
Here is the link to the pocket chart I used for this!
This set goes along perfectly with our Alphabet Workbooks, Volume One and Volume Two! Together with our Animated Alphabet video and our Singable Songs for Letters and Sounds songs, we’ve got everything you need for teaching the letters and sounds right here in one place.
Check out our other Alphabet worksheets, games, and activities on TPT: