Are you introducing your students to the letter sound Jj for the first time?
This packet of resources will help you get through the week!
I have combined fun fresh original illustrations with solid traditional teaching ideas to give you a great start!
This packet includes:
1. Motivational anchor chart featuring "jellybeans jump in the jar' to help your start your lessons. Teach your students our little original song (song words poster provided) to the tune of "Farmer in the Dell" to help remember the letter and sound.
2. Word/Picture Cards - 8 focus letter word picture cards are included. Introduce students to these words at the beginning of the week and brainstorm more. Create a word wall. Print extra sets for games and centers.
3. Handwriting Charts - show the students how to position upper and lower case letters within writing lines using our fun charts. Each chart features a 'sky, grass, dirt' theme to help your students understand the proportions and spaces of their letters.
4. Cut and Paste Worksheet - students trace, cut and paste to the pictures that begin with the letter sound
5. Making Words - students trace and cut the letter to finish some common 3 letters words
6. Homework Sheet - a worksheet is provided for students to complete at home. Activities involve tracing a large shape, drawing, coloring, identifying, tracing and writing the letter
7. Interactive Cut and Paste Reader - Students cut and paste a words and pictures to complete a mini-reader. The sentence pattern in this beginning reader is "Can you see the.....?"
8. Handwriting Worksheet - students trace lower and upper case letters to complete the worksheet
9. Letter Hunt - students look for the focus letter in a variety of fonts - upper and lower case and trace the letter for practice
10. Letter Chain - students trace the letter and cut and paste the strips to make a paper chain (link all together for a great classroom display)
11. Spin and write - students make a word wheel first and then spin the wheel, read the words and record them on their worksheet
12. Jelly on a Plate Craft - Students color, cut and paste to assemble a plate of jelly
13. Letter Home - send this letter home to parents to inform them of the letter and sound you are learning. It features 4-5 home activity ideas for the focus letter
Find my Lets Learn the Alphabet bundle HERE