Letter G Workbook is designed for your beginning readers to:
- make the sound of Letter G (hard g)
- establish letter/sound correspondence
- discriminate the sound of G from other sounds
- recognize the sound of G at the beginning of words
- sort words that begin with the target sound from other nontarget words
- match upper case G with lower case g
- write upper and lower case Gg
- have his/her own Pictionary of G words
- have lots of practice with coloring, cutting, pasting, naming, and handwriting
Also, included in this packet is a set of tools for teachers to use in the classroom. There are individual picture cards of G words for classroom games as well as Bingo cards. This is a tremendous timesaver that hits the mark for sound development!
There is nothing more important in early literacy development than a student’s solid foundation and knowledge of the sounds the letters make. Enjoy this packet knowing you are facilitating sound development!
Note: The Pictionary of G words, individual picture cards, and Bingo cards are all presented in color in the packet. If you wish to save on ink, please set your printer to print in black and white only.
Before you use this package, it is recommended that you review the vocabulary presented in the Pictionary and the individual picture cards so that students are readily familiar with all the vocabulary words and can name them correctly.
Thanks for all you do for kids!
Joan Truxler, PhD
University of Toronto, Ontario