Letter X Workbook is designed for your beginning readers to:
- make the sound of letter X at the beginning of words
- establish letter/sound correspondence
- recognize the sound of letter X at the beginning of words
- match upper case X with lower case x
- write upper and lower case Xx
- have his/her own Pictionary of X words
- have lots of practice with coloring, naming, and handwriting
There is nothing more important in early literacy development than a student’s solid foundation and knowledge of the sounds the letters make. Enjoy this packet knowing you are facilitating sound development!
Before you use this package, it is recommended that you review the vocabulary presented in the Pictionary and the individual picture cards so that students are readily familiar with all the vocabulary words and can name them correctly.
Thanks for all you do for kids!
Joan Truxler, PhD
University of Toronto, Ontario