This emergent reader is for long E, Mr. E. This emergent reader includes 4 pages of predictable text, 1 page of sorting long E and short E, and 1 page of sound out and write words.
In my classroom, I use the emergent readers on Day 2 for each letter/sound.
Emergent Reader Activities:
- read the emergent reader as a class
- partner read
- circle the focus letter throughout the book
- circle sight words
- count the letters, count the words, talk about the difference
- find uppercase letters (why are they uppercase?)
- find punctuation
- read the poem
- find and circle the focus letter
- find rhyming words
-find and circle the focus letter
-talk about what position the focus letter is found in (beginning of the word, middle of the word, end of the word)
-students sound out each word and write it on the line
-students practice using correct letter formation
Emergent Reader Included:
- Mr. E
LETTER C PREVIEW IS SHOWN ON ALL INDIVIDUAL EMERGENT READERS. EACH EMERGENT READER CONTAINS THE SAME ACTIVITIES (predictable text, 1 poem, sound out and write words, handwriting practice).